Thessaloniki to Meteora – Private Day Trip
Pillars of rock, sculpted by prehistoric rivers and crowned by otherworldly monasteries, monuments to the power of faith.
Meteora means “suspended in space”. Your first, second and third sight of these impossibly tall, vertical rocks will have you gasping in disbelief. But it’s not just the incredible geology that stretches your imagination. It’s the monasteries balanced on these pinnacles. How did they get there? The monks who built them were the original rock climbers, lifting the materials up with pulleys, nets and their bare hands.
Today, fans of the sport come to Meteora from the world over, to pit themselves against these gigantic rocks. Unesco has declared Meteora a World Heritage Site. The Greek state calls it a sacred spot, inviolate and immutable. You’ll no doubt come up with other adjectives to describe Meteora, this wonder of the world.
- Call us or send an email to book the date of your tour.
- You can order 24 hours before the day of tour.
- After your fixed your book select the “trip type” and the number of persons from the dropdown.
- Push the “Add to Cart” button to add this tour package to cart
- Proceed to payment and you done! Have a good time!
One Day Tour from Thessaloniki to Meteora, with VIP Limo Mini Bus or exclusive car
- Pick up and drop off service from your hotel in Thessaloniki
- See all monasteries
- Enter inside three monasteries (usually Great Meteoron, Varlaam and Roussanou)
- Visit Trikala City (optionally)
- English-speaking tour leader
- Transportation by air-conditioned V.I.P. car or mini van
- Professional chauffeur
- You will be able to visit inside 3 monasteries
- Wifi on board (free)
- Bottle of water and coffee during the route (free)
- Coffee, refreshments, juice and brunch at the first stop in Trikala city (in All Inclusive Package)
- Lunch or dinner at the best, chosen, restaurants. *“Value for Money” (in All Inclusive Package)
*We do not get a commission from any restaurant or coffee place. The selection always based on quality, service and price!
- After the trip you will receive with email a digital photo book with edited photos of your trip. You can also order if you like a printed copy of the digital photo book by paying the relative cost
- Gratuities (optional)
- Guide who speaks your language
- Entrance fees per person at each monastery
- Participants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian.
- Wear closed toed shoes.
- There are many beautiful sights. You are encouraged to bring a camera along.
- Weather will not affect the operation of the tours.
- However if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- The monasteries have a strict dress code men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt.
- If you do turn up in shorts, trousers and skirts will be provided.
- Departure point: Pick up from your hotel in Thessaloniki
- Departure time: 9:00 am
- Duration: 10 hours (approx.)
- Return details: Returns to original Pick up point
One Day Tour | Thessaloniki to Meteora | Transportation info
For 2, 3 or 4 persons: V.I.P. Exclusive car with chauffeur
For 5, 6, 7 or 8 persons: V.I.P. Minivan with chauffeur
Your tour will be a life time experience!!!