Thessaloniki to Konitsa – Private Day Trip
Thessaloniki to Konitsa | Private Day Trip
- Up to 4 people: 360,00€ (Transportation by Mercedes E-Class or Similar)
- Up to 8 people: 640,00€ (Transportation by Minivan)
- Up to 15 people: 900,00€ (Transportation by Minibus)
- Every Extra Person: 50,00€
Departure Time from Thessaloniki at 09:00
Returns to original Pick up point at 19:00 (approx.)
If you want to expand the duration of the trip there is an extra charge per hour. Will be calculated at the end of the trip.
Every Extra Hour: 50,00€
The program of the excursion can be adjusted always according to the requirements of the passengers.
Thessaloniki to Konitsa – Private Day Trip
This beautiful borderline town spreads up the green slopes of Mt. Trapezitsa (elevation: 600m.); it has been built according to the traditional architectural style in Epirus and is surrounded by impressive nature. Rivers Aoos, Voidomatis and Sarantaporos cross the area’s fertile plain. Arched bridges crown the deep-shaded ravines. The Vikos-Aoos National Park is an area of outstanding natural beauty and the major asset of this impressive land. So, it comes as no surprise that this area is one of the top destinations for alternative activities and mountain sports.
Thessaloniki to Konitsa – Private Day Trip | Description
- Pick up and drop off service from your hotel in Thessaloniki
- English-speaking tour leader (applies for transport by minibus)
- Transportation by air-conditioned V.I.P. car, minivan or minibus
- Professional English-speaking Driver (applies for transports by car or minivan)
- Professional English-speaking Driver & Escort of our office (applies for transport by minibus)
- Wifi on board (free)
- Bottle of water and coffee during the route (free)
- After the trip you will receive with email edited photos and video of your trip.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Guide who speaks your language
- Entrance fees
- Participants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian.
- Because there are many sights worth seeing in Konitsa but a day trip is not enough to visit all of them, before starting the trip we will present to you all possible sights to choose what you are more interest for.
- There are many beautiful sights. You are encouraged to bring a camera along. But if you don’t… we have a camera for you!
- Weather will not affect the operation of the tours.
- However if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Pick up from your hotel in Thessaloniki
- Departure time: 09:00 am
- Duration: 10 hours (approx.)
- Return details: Returns to original Pick up point
More about Konitsa
On entering the town you will cross its well-known stone bridge – the biggest single span arch bridge in Europe; its construction was accomplished by master mason Kostas Frontzos (1870). The path that starts from this location follows an enchanting route all the way to Moni Stomiou [Stomiou Monastery] (1776). Walking on the ascending narrow stone streets of Konitsa is alone an unforgettable experience. The most impressive part is the Upper (Old) town and its eye-catching stately houses, the stone built churches and the unobstructed view of the plain that stretches at its foot.
The must-visit sights include the stone built main church of Agios Nikolaos, Sultan Souleiman Mosque (1536), Hamko’s house (mother to Ali Pasha of Ioannina – an ottoman ruler of the late 18th century), the public library and the Photography Exhibition of the monuments of Konitsa covering the period from the Prehistoric Era to the Byzantine times. The slab-paved square and the traditional tavernas are the right places for you to rest and also taste local dishes.
Konitsa town is the heart of a district that includes many small yet remarkable villages and locations that are definitely worth visiting, such as Mastorochoria [villages of stone masons]: this is the group name of 15 traditional villages nestled on the slopes of Mt. Grammos and Mt. Smolikas. Villagers used to be famous stone masons during the times of the Turkish occupation. They would travel in large groups within as well as outside the Ottoman empire, raising memorable constructions which combined the classic and byzantine tradition with elements of popular local art. One such impressive village is Pyrsogianni where you can visit the Ethnographic Museum of Stone Masonry.
Bourazani, an area of rare natural beauty where you can also take a guided tour to the Environmental Park.
Molyvdoskepasti, a borderline village with remarkable byzantine monuments such as the Stavropegial Monastery or Panagia [Our Lady] Molyvdoskepasti (7th c.) as well as a traditional tsipouro [strong alcoholic drink] distillery.
Kavasila, an area with warm mineral springs, and Amarantos, a location with mineral steam baths.
Drakolimni [dragon lake] on Mt. Smolika (elevation 2150m.), also called the ‘blue lake’ after its striking blue coloured waters.
Sports activities on the mainland
Konitsa has lately been known as the centre of alternative tourism. A number of companies are in business there, specialising in a variety of safely organised nature activities.
Try any of the following:
Rafting and kayaking on Voidomatis and Aoos Rivers. Their waters are bound to thrill beginners and pros alike.
Strolling by the river or touring the pristine nature on horseback.
Mountain biking and off-roading in 4WD vehicles.
Mountaineering and hiking. You will find numerous paths leading to the surrounding mountain peaks that are nothing short of paradise.
Each year, in late May and early June, open air adventure sports contests take place here called Evathlos, and there are participants coming from all over the world.
Thessaloniki to Konitsa! Let’s travel!
- In case of cancellation due to Covid-19 restrictions or any other reason that prevent your arrival to Greece, our company will refund 100% the amount you paid.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 48 hours before the service start time.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before the service start time, 100% refund with Credit Voucher*
*CREDIT VOUCHER – TERMS and CONDITIONS
- The issued Credit Voucher entitled to the booking holder can be used as payment for future services until one year after the booking date of cancelled service
- The Credit Voucher can be transferable to any other person and can only be used on new bookings.
- This credit voucher applies to any of our products or services. The same voucher can be used for the purchase of several new services until its amount is zero.